4/6/07

Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

100_0991.JPG

These cookies have been hanging out in my flickr! account so long that I forgot how to post them here. I've made notes in case I have another lapse. The recipe came from Real Simple.

Do use less oatmeal than called for, three cups was, with the other additions to the cookies, way too much. And like the recipe says, do not overcook. I wanted to have nice golden cookies for my photo, so I let them go an extra 3 minutes.

Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1c. light brown sugar, packed
1 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs, large
1 tsp. vanilla

1½ all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg

2½ to 3 c. rolled oats
1½ c. raisins
½ c. walnuts

Set oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Cream butter with a mixer. Add sugars and beat for approx. 3 minutes. With mixer going, add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Combine next 4 items. Then add to butter-sugar mixture above. Add last 3 items to all. With a large spoon, shape dough into 2-inch cookies, with at least 2 inches between each. Bake 22 - 25 minutes, until edges are brown, but center is still light. Do not overbake.